16 February 2016

[GS Review] - January



So, how is the 2016 campaign going? A slow start in January, it's fair to say, but February has already been better!

The overview:


The pictures:

My paltry two painted figures were both Citadel and both destined for my beastman band. First, an AD&D gnoll (one of the very few Citadel beastmen, or equivalent, with a bow), and then a Night Horrors imp who just refused to be anything other than electric blue all over. The yellow tassel on the gnoll's hat ties him in to the blue and/or yellow theme as my nod to it being a Tzeentch warband for RoC gaming.






The details:

SPENDING / NEW FIGURES

  • £5.00 as part of a trade for some old Grenadier undead, including a chariot!



No goals completed.

CORE goals
  • finish painting a 24 point Undead warband
  • finish painting a 24 point Chaos Evil warband
  • finish painting a 24 point Dwarf warband
  • finish painting a 24 point Bretonnian Chivalric human warband
STRETCH goals
  • paint a 24 point Orc and goblin warband
  • finish my giant (finally!)
  • paint a zombie dragon (that'll be my Deadcember 2016 project, I hope)


No goals completed.

CORE goals
  • model and texture three 100cm by 50cm gaming boards
  • build some trees in scale (ish) with the figures (i.e 6-11 inches tall)
  • convert three chaos centaurs
STRETCH goals
  • model and texture a fourth gaming board
  • model and texture a fifth gaming
  • gamify the toy castle I bought last year


No goals completed as originally stated, but I have played two games of Dragon Rampant (one with miniatures, one with Lego) as well as one of X-Wing (I lost to the fraction-of-a-millimeter judgements of my sons in souped-up x-wings ripping my TIEs apart in an asteroid field), and two sessions of Swords & Wizardry.

CORE goals
  • play two games of Dragon Rampant with different forces
  • finish writing Knights' Quest
  • write an Oldhammer scenario involving Father Christmas (yes, seriously)
STRETCH goals
  • Play moar gamez!


Core goals are on target. I'm not sure I can claim they are completed unless I manage it for the whole year, but I'm going to colour them green anyway!

CORE goals
  • blog an average of one post every five days (i.e. six posts per month)
  • give a monthly update of how each of these goals are going
  • give a monthly update of how much I've painted, built, gamed, acquired, and spent
  • co-ordinate Deadcember 2016, along with a prize for the best contribution
STRETCH goals
  • take a group picture of what I paint each month using my lightbox
  • sort out proper galleries of my figures for this blog

How are you getting on with your goals for 2016?
Rab



2 comments:

  1. Rab this is hilarious! Do keep it up. LOL For me 2016 is going great on all fronts. Though my methods are not as concise as yours I do have some clear goals for the near future. Can't wait for the next geekstarter update. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I aim to entertain :)

      Fear not, February's edition is in progress, and I'm already up to 5 painted figures!

      Delete