15 September 2016

[Catacombs] Retinues WIP 2

Progress continues apace, by my standards anyway, for the figures needed to play Catacombs, my fan-fantasy-reskin of Space Hulk. I've already got the monsters sorted thanks to last Deadcember's output because hordes of skeletons will take the place of the 'stealers.

Here are the heroes so far:



Down at the front is the first finished figure. Finished apart from his base, that is. but I'll do them all together at  end. He's a Fireforge chap with forearms and hands from a Conquest archer, all nicely cut and suck together. Most of the archers I'm using are the same mix. Green and white as a nod to the Black Prince's archers raised for the HYW.



As well as the five archers, two crossbowmen, two sword-and-lantern, one axe-and-shield, and two knights (i.e. sergeants in SH), I've also got this chap as a librarian mage. Do you recognise him? I couldn't find him from a scan through Stuff of Legends. He had a slotta tab that was blank on one side and just said WIZARD on the other.


The other squad retinue is waiting its turn in the queue


The knight to lead them is one of my favourite fantasy knight figures ever. Nearly normal kit along with a monstrous sword and a more-than-a-bit-insane look on his face. Nice!


Do let me know if you recognise the wizard,
Rab

5 comments:

  1. I'm liking this idea, definitely want to do something like this myself. Who will be the baddies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skeletons - unfeeling monsters guided by the single malign will of their necromantic overlord. I have some already painted (Black Tree Design) so it's all systems go in just twelve miniatures time. Actually, I'll be able to run the first expedition with just four more.

      Delete
  2. Isn't the Wizard from the adventurers starter set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course - I knew he was familiar. Thanks, Colin.

      Delete
  3. Citadel Empire BC1 Adventurers Starter Set WIZARD WITH MAGIC STAFF

    ReplyDelete